November 1, 2009

Halloween Time!!!

William was very excited this Halloween, and wanted to be a part of everything, which was really fun. He couldn't wait to carve pumpkins on Wednesday night, and had a lot of fun drawing "ears" on all of the pumpkins. Mark asked William what kind of pumpkin he wanted for Halloween and William said a puppy, and eventually narrowed that down to Snoopy. So Mark did a Snoopy pumpkin, I did an owl standing on a pumpkin, and we helped William do a basic Jack-O-Lantern.
Here are the end results.

As usual Mark had to save my pumpkin, as I cut the head off my owl, but I think they all turned out really well.

Here is William with his Jack-O-Lantern. He kept saying "Lets do more carving!"
Trick-or-treating was a blast. William totally got the idea that trick-or-treating equals candy, so he was pulling us out the door and down the street to go. We found a great place in our neighborhood that was all decked out for Halloween and all the homeowners were on their lawns dressed up with their cauldrons of candy. The only down side was that their were tons of people, but William even braved that really well!
Here he is pre-trick-or-treating all ready to go!

Lastly, what is the end of Halloween without watching a little "The Great Pumpkin"?
One of William's favorite things to say this month was "I got a rock!" followed by one of his cute smiles.

No comments: