We have officially gotten moved in to our new residence for the next 18 months. For those of you who didn't know, we are babysitting Mark's parents house while they are on a service mission to Jerusalem. It was a little tough leaving our old neighborhood, but we are glad to be helping out and look forward to our new adventure for the next year and a half.
The first few days of the move were really tough, as anyone who has moved with kids who need naps can attest to, but we did get situated pretty quickly and we are already all unpacked and getting in to the swing of things.
Here is a picture of our new home. It is also the home that Mark grew-up in since he was 4, so it's kind of fun that William is almost the same age, and in Mark's old bedroom.

William especially has really enjoyed the extra space to run around, and I have really enjoyed him being in the extra space as I have tried to unpack. I don't think Elliott has really noticed much of a difference yet, but he has used all the extra time he has had on the floor while I unpacked to practice his scooting. He is really working hard on it, and we expect him to get the hang of crawling any day now.
Some of the highlights so far of our new home are:
William's new "Chicken House" (named by William for the rooster it has on top). That Daddy, and my brother Egan worked hard to put together. I think William's favorite part is the working door bell.


William's own little work station in the kitchen for his computer and learning things.

The telescope in Mommy and Daddy's room that he discovered the other night, and keeps asking for us to find things for him to look at since.

Next week is Elliott's 6 month check-up. I can't believe he is already almost 6 months old! So, time for more shots and I will have to ask the doctor about the new eczema outbreak on his cheeks. We are also working on getting him to sleep a little better, but more on that next week when I do Elliott's post.
1 comment:
Keep the glue hidden from William. I remember when Mark glued that telescope to the rug in my parents' bedroom, years ago. Seeing that picture of William with the telescope in the same room made me laugh a little about that.
Post a Comment