This little guy has turned into quite a big guy. He has so many opinions about things! He likes to tell Mommy and Daddy why things are the way they are and how things need to be done, and often needs a reminder that Mommy and Daddy have been around a lot longer. He likes to figure things out, and know why things are the way they are. His brain is always turning.
William loves to help. He also loves to write stories and draw pictures. He is always drawing something on a piece of paper, usually a train or a map, and then wants to tell you all about it. As he is getting better and better at writing he has begun to spell everything. "Mommy there is a B-I-R-D outside". "Mommy I know that I get chocolate but E-L-L-I-O-T-T does not because he didn't eat all of his bites".
He does love school most days, but still has a hard time getting going in the morning. While at school he is a big helper, but it is also the place where we still see a lot of his sensory issues playing out. He doesn't interact a whole lot with the other kids, and won't go on the slides. I asked William why he doesn't like playing outside so much and he said that he feels scared when he goes outside because there are so many kids, and it is so noisy. His recent acquisition of hand smelling has actually gotten much better though, and his teachers are so supportive and helpful. If I take a step back and remember what he was like just a few short years ago, I am floored at just how much he has improved. The days of William not eating are so far behind us, and he has started becoming more and more comfortable in his body.
We did find out recently that William was accepted to a FABULOUS private school, which we are thrilled about, and though it will be a big financial commitment on our part we are so happy that William will be able to go to school in such a great environment for him.
It is hard to believe that this one will be off to school all day soon. He is getting big so fast, but when I peek in on him at night I still see that tiny little baby boy of mine still snuggling with his blankie.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment