This Friday Elliott started back at preschool. He is going Monday, Wednesday and Friday's this year, and after a summer at home we were a little worried how the transition would go. We talked a lot about what he would do, and talked to him about his teachers and how nice they were. A week or so before school started we took him to see his classroom and meet his teachers, and at the beginning of the week he had a couple of playdates at school with his new friends and their parents. He was excited to wear his new shoes to school and chose a book to keep in his cubby in case he was sad.
And on the first day...he did great! He was a little sad in the morning before school with a few tears, and said that he just wanted mommy to stay, but when he got to school he found something to do, and was okay. As I was leaving he got up and ran to the door, but just wanted to give me one last kiss and hug. Oh, how I love this little guy! He is such a sweetheart! I think I may have missed him more that day than he missed me!
He has a sweet little class, and is with his friend Eva. They are both calm and sweet and a good fit for each other.
His teachers said he had a little difficulty at the transitional parts of the day, but pulled himself out of it and did great.
When I came to pick him up, he was all smiles and very happy to see me, but didn't want to let me out of his sight for the rest of the day. It's okay, I love his company too!






No comments:
Post a Comment