December 28, 2008

William's Birthday

We decided to have William's birthday a little early this year so that we could move it further away from Christmas. So we had a Charlie and Lola birthday party for him at our house with Mark's family and my mom. I don't think William really got that it was birthday, but he loved getting presents and seeing his family. His favorite present was probably his Charlie and Lola wooden playhouse that we had shipped from England, but he really liked the tub of legos that Ahma brought him and the road signs for his train that Nana brought him too. Mark and I made a cupcake tree for his birthday cake and Mark decided it would look best if we did piped frosting on top. Of course I don't have a piping tool, so 2 hours before the party Mark had to run to Michaels to find one. It didn't turn out quite like we wanted, but it still looked cute and it tasted good which is the most important thing.

The following Thursday we had William's birthday party at his school. He has the same birthday as a set of twins in the class so they all celebrated together. His teachers made him a really cute birthday hat, and he seemed to have a good time. I made fruit kabobs for his birthday treat because the mom's in the class are a little vigilant that their kids have healthy food. The school is kosher so I had to cut and assemble all of the fruit kabobs in the kosher kitchen before the party. Thank goodness my mom was there to help because it took forever, and I probably won't do that again next year.

Then on Friday his actual birthday we went out to Ruby's where is one of the few places that William will eat, to celebrate. He was pretty crabby and only wanted to eat croutons. Later that night he woke up with a fever of 104 and has been sick ever since. Kind of a bummer, but I am glad that he got to have his big party before the cold came. Here are some pictures of the big days.



No comments: