While we were at the zoo our new table was delivered. It wasn't exactly what I had hoped for (I had hoped it would have had a little more depth in the color) but it is very well made, and I think it will work out great. We are still trying to figure out what to do with all of the space while we are eating.
I also finally got the Christ picture for our room framed and I think that came out great.
Last week I redid the flowers on my outdoor flower rack. I have a before picture, but I don't think I took an after. You can kind of see the result outside our window in the dining room table picture. I wanted it to be very flowy with lots of green and white. I think it turned out really well, now I hope I can just keep them alive. Here is the before picture with some plants that I had lying around the patio.
And I think I have some final candidates for our fabric choices.
Uncle Max thinks that we need another color in the living room to make it pop a little more, and thinks that red would be a good idea. I have been trying to stay away from it because I didn't want our living room to look like we were trying to give off a patriotic feel. But I think we figured out a good way to do it. He thinks we should do a couple of accent pillows on the sofa in red and since we are having Monet's "Red Boat" framed above the sofa I think this will tie in nicely. We are also thinking of using the textured red (third from the left) as the welting for the linen red (second from the left). This will probably tie in well with the texture from the sofa fabric. The paisley fabric for the armchairs has been a hit with everyone so we are thinking about keeping that. Uncle Max found this cool geometric pattern (far right) that we are probably going to use on another big cream colored upholstered chair we have in the living room now. And then the fabric on the far left we are considering for the dining room chair pads.
The dining room chair pad fabric has been the hardest because we are trying to find something that is durable, that won't show stains too much, and that will accent the antique chairs well. Uncle Max found this cool fabric that took me a little time to get used to, but I am starting to think is really cool. It ties in nicely to the living room with the blue in it, but it also has these cool details with the embroidered flowers and fringe that are not to girlie and reminds me a little of provincial France without screaming "I am so 80's!". It also has this kind of washed look that is great because then we don't have to worry so much about the worn look that lots of fabrics get after people sit on them for awhile.
Keep the input coming. I really apreciate everyone's opinions and thoughts. I will let you know when it is all decided!
May 17, 2009
Decorating Updates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment