June 18, 2009

Decorating Pictures

My upholstery was finally done today! It all turned out well except that the upholsterer made the ties on my chair pads way shorter than I had wanted or asked for. He said he ran out of fabric, but instead of asking me if I wanted to order more (which I would have) he just did it with what he had. I think I might leave it for now, and just see if it really bothers me.

Everything else came out great. So, our patio is pretty put together and the dining room and living room. All we have left to work on is a chandelier and some pictures. My dad is framing the pictures for me, and I am trying to talk my mom into letting us buy this fabulous brass chandelier from her that she found at an antique store. It is really nice to see it all done. Maybe next year I might start feeling up to thinking about working on our bedroom, which is the only room left that really needs some help, but by then we might be looking into buying a house and then I will get to start all over again.

My mom did buy me an early birthday present (very early, as my birthday is in November) that I love. I found this beautiful antique desk from 1840 England and a cool mirror from 1910 England and made a little vanity in our room. My mom even gave me part of my great-grandmother's silver vanity set to put on top of it. It's really neat to think about all the people that sat at the table and all of the history it has. Now for the good part...the pictures!

The sofa. It looks even cooler in person.

An armchair in our living room sporting a new pillow.

Here are the other 2 chairs we had re-upholstered. I think they turned out great. The armoire
was my mom's, but since she just bought a new one she let us have this one. It now holds our T.V., all our dvd's, our games, and linen and silver. I love that it holds so much stuff, and that the T.V. is now hidden, but I am not loving the color as it is kind of yellowish and the lightest wood in that room. My dad and I are thinking about sanding and re-staining it, but that would be a pretty huge project. To be continued.

Our lovely dining room and new chair pads. I think the color on the chair pads worked out nicely, but those ties hmmm...

Our patio. You can see that patio table that I talked about in an earlier post, that my dad and I sanded and painted. It is so nice to have an umbrella out there now too so I can just sit and watch Mark BBQ or William play with his sand and water table. Please note Mark's new BBQ that he got for Father's Day. You know that you are moving up in the work when you can stand up and BBQ.

And finally, my cool vanity!

Thanks to everyone who followed my project, and all of the great input!

No comments: