August 5, 2009

Our universal excuse

You may have noticed the silence on our blog. We have as good of an excuse as we'll ever have. Ali is about two months pregnant with William's little sibling:

Shown here upside down, Baby #2 is looking good on the ultrasound--at only 1.5 cm (as of last week) and with a regular heartbeat. Due date is early March, 2010.

This is our universal excuse because, as with William, Ali is debilitatingly sick. "Morning sickness" is simply too narrow to describe her 24-hour hardship. But this is not surprising (same deal occured with William), and she is bearing it bravely and well. We are getting by with the grace of our family members who have helped us keep William entertained while we try to maintain daily functions. Due credit must also be acknowledged for our dear friends, Zofran and Unisom.

Wish us luck, and we'll keep you informed as we get more info.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Congratulations you guys! I hope Ali feels as good as possible throughout the pregnancy. I"m so happy for you guys! :)

Suzie said...

Yea!!!! We are so happy for y'all! I knew it!! We were in the middle of 2 bday celebrations Sat when we got your message (you called when I was picking up girls from girls camp). Then the boys were all off w Dave to lagoon so we never did call back, but I announced that it must be baby #2 for you to be calling. It is the best news! Thanks for letting us know! :) we love you all!

Michelle said...

Congratulations (again! - I love being able to congratulate in person, on Facebook, on your blog....) Sorry to hear about Ali - Mom said she's been to the emergency room?!? Please let me know if I can help with anything. See you guys soon, hopefully.

Morgan said...

congrats you guys! so exciting. i am so sorry you are sick ali. i hope it doesn't last the whole pregnancy again, and i hope it also doesn't carry over into a hard baby again too. you are a rock star!! thinking of you.

Janelle said...

Congratulations!! This is huge news! We are so excited for you and we'll be even more excited when we get the good news that your nasty all-day-all-night sickness is gone. Hang in there!