April 3, 2011

Visiting the Farm

This past week we took the kids to a real working farm. It was so neat!
The kids LOVED seeing all the animals and being so close to them. I loved that it was so quiet and felt like we had the farm all to ourselves. There were descriptions of all the animals and information about them above their pens. It was really informative on top of being fun.
Elliott has recently mastered pointing, and combined with his skill of signing "more", a whole new world has opened up to him!
William loved reading all of the signs to us and telling us about the animals.
I can't get over how cool it was to be so close to all of the animals! They were all very friendly, and we got to touch quite a few of them and talk about the different ways they felt.
William adored the little piggies! They were what he was most looking forward to seeing, and we spent a lot of time just watching them. He liked to point out who was each piggy. "Elliott is that brown piggy, and I am that cute on in the middle, okay? OKAY?". We were there when they were fed and that was neat to watch as well. We watched the piggies rough-housing with each other, and William still loves to pretend he is a little piggy when he rough-houses with his brother.
Mark's favorite was the baby goat. He liked that the baby goat was so playful and kept trying to jump on the haystack to play with us.
I liked the sheep the best. I just love little lambs and think they are absolutely darling. I am especially grateful to them since I have been using so much wool in my projects lately.
There were also tons of different fruits and vegetables growing around the farm. Some of which I realized I had never seen grown before (like artichokes, and broccoli..yes even broccoli). I think Elliott was most fascinated by the broccoli. He kept looking at it like "Why is my broccoli stuck on this plant and I can't get it off?".
Our last visit was to the rabbit hutch. This ended up being both of the kids favorite, and so appropriate right before Easter.
Both boys were just fascinated watching these cute little fuzzy things.
"Mommy, which one is the cutest? I am that one."
We will definitely be coming back!

No comments: