December 17, 2020

William's ER Trip

On Wednesday night William came home from a Young Men's event and said he was not feeling well.  He looked pale and said he felt really shivery and his side and back hurt a lot.  I told him to take a shower and see if he felt better.  After his shower he didn't feel any better and so I told him to lie down and rest while I called in to the doctor.  When I check on his temperature after about an hour he had developed a fever of about 101.4.  Finally I heard back from the on call nurse and she said he would need to be seen in the next few hours.  So I woke William up and off we went to the ER (which was the only thing open at 11:30pm).
An emergency room in a pandemic is an interesting place to be, but we were able to get him in and seen fairly quickly.  After some blood work and urine analysis it was determined William had a pretty serious kidney infection.  They were able to give him some oral and IV antibiotics and IV fluids and pain and fever reducers.
He perked up pretty quickly after he received the medication.
And although he still didn't feel great we were able to head home the next morning for some good rest and recovery.
 

No comments: